A clear Vision for the future.
The Strikers United vision statement is:
“To develop and maintain Strikers United as one of New England’s most valued premier soccer organizations, through the provision of professionally structured developmentally appropriate coaching programs, high standard equipment and facilities, and caring and ethical behaviors.”
In order to achieve this we need to:
- Attract, develop and retain good people (staff and players)
- Do what we say we will do
- Work together as a team (staff, players and parents)
- Adopt a “can do” approach to all aspects of club issues
- Constantly seek to improve the standing of the club within the community
- Promote caring and ethical behaviors
- Establish clear lines of communication between club officials, players, parents, stakeholders and all other affiliated body’s
One of the keys to success of Strikers United will be a team effort from all involved at the club, one thing I have learned during my many years involvement at clubs around the world, is that the more involved and active the parent groups are, the better the outcome for their children. This holds true on both a long and short-term basis. I am also aware of the acute balancing act and time constraints placed on parents, who work, run families and juggle a number of other responsibilities, which is why I would stress – the more people involved – the easier the workload becomes – more hands make lighter work and the beneficiaries are your children.